A raging fire destroyed a Rosedale home late Sunday night. Firefighters arrived at the house, in the 51000 block of Old Yale Road, to find flames consuming both floors of a two-storey 1970s-era home.
Mount Slesse middle school was closed late Monday morning after fire broke out in a science prep room.
District of North Vancouver firefighter Howard Weatherstone explains fire safety to students at Capilano elementary in the photo at left. The students recently participated in the district's Fire Safety House presentation, which aims to teach kids how to practise fire safety at home. The presentation includes a simulated house fire, and the kids are taught how to make a fire escape plan and how to safely exit a house on fire.
A Surrey Mountie, neighbours and a couple residents from a nearby halfway house risked their lives Monday afternoon to rescue an elderly woman from a burning house in Newton.
Fire broke out in a Chilliwack Mountain home Wednesday afternoon, sending smoke billowing skyward and causing extensive damage.
Richmond Fire-Rescue (RFR) is warning of the dangers of vacant homes after 18 firefighters from six fire trucks battled a blaze last week.
Two Surrey brothers who risked their lives to save baby twin girls from a burning apartment in Whalley are being honoured today by the Royal Canadian Humane Association.
Abbotsford Fire Rescue Service was called out to a fire at 33777 Enterprise Avenue involving a grinding machine burning in an industrial feed mill on Saturday at 7: 18 p.m.
IT appears to be unattended candles that led to a fire and several residents losing their homes on Friday.
Fire officials believe arson is to blame for a fire that broke out in a vacant farmhouse Wednesday morning.
Firefighters extinguished a kitchen fire that broke out Sunday evening in a downtown Chilliwack home.
Richmond Fire-Rescue is taking the phrase "strike while the iron's hot" and running around the city with it.
It was no April Fool for Richmond Fire-Rescue crews in the early hours of Monday when they were called out to deal with a fire at Richmond Plywood on Vulcan Way.
A Maple Ridge man has spent a few days in court lately, in part for his role in the Stanley Cup riots.
A New Westminster man was injured in an apartment fire early Saturday morning.
It wasn't much past eight o'clock in the morning Wednesday when Shirley and Peter Howard opened their blinds, only to see smoke.
Firefighters helped bring a fire in a Hope River Road home under control early Tuesday morning.
It took a full complement of firefighters to contain an apartment blaze in west Port Coquitlam Thursday night.
The New Westminster Police Department's Major Crimes Unit is investigating an explosion that happened late Monday afternoon at a home near 10th Street and Fifth Avenue, which sent one person to hospital with significant burns.